Pages

Thursday 22 August 2013

A Fresh Start: A Blog Made New

I am relatively new to the blogging world.  I started my first blog last year and it died shortly after I started it.  It was called "Catholic Approaches to Current Issues" and the idea behind it was that I would comment of things happening in the world from a Catholic perspective.  What happened is that it very quickly became very academic and it took me massive amounts of time to write each post because I spent hours and hours researching each topic.  All-in-all the blog was not terrible.  The posts were all relevant, well-written and well-researched, but, due to the work involved, I quickly became too busy to keep writing those academic posts.  The time between each post stretched from one week to two and then to a month and then over six months.  That's when I decided to stop posting to that blog altogether and start fresh.

What you are reading now is my first post on my new blog.  My approach with this blog will be to write about things that are close to my heart; the things that matter most to me.  I want to share with you my perspective on living in the world of today.  Some of my posts may be academic, but I will do my best to keep it low-key.  I am not going to reference sources or add quotes like an academic paper unless I feel it is absolutely necessary.  For the most part I will be explaining what I mean and to who I am referring and it will be left up to you to find the sources and exact quotes if you want to.

For example, Pope John Paul II called the world we live in today a culture of death.  If you want to know more about this then I'm leaving it up to you to find where he says this and what he means by it. This term, culture of death, has left a huge impression on me and is a focus of this blog.  I will talk about some of the ways I see the world we live in as a real culture of death, but also some signs of hope that I see.

I saw the picture above on another blog and I decided to use it in my first post because it expresses what I want to accomplish with this blog.  I want to open up my heart to you a little bit.  I want to share my thoughts and dreams with you.  As you read this blog please keep in mind this quote;

"Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths,
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet;
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." - W.B. Yeats

What I will be sharing here will be, in part, my hopes, dreams and the way I see the world, so please be respectful.

I am really excited to be starting a new blog and I hope you are interested to hear what I have to say.  Thank you in advance for following my thoughts and treading softly on my dreams. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment